I used to write down quotes A LOT (okay...I still do). If I was reading a book and liked something, I would either write it down or add it to my "quotes" Word document. *nerd alert*
So when I found out that Elisabeth Elliot died on Monday, I was a little sad because I read a couple of her books in high school and was inspired by her story. And I had quite a few of her words in my quotes collection. (I can't believe I just said "quotes collection". Please don't die of boredom.)
Here are my 5 favorite quotes by Elisabeth Elliot:
1. "God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to."
2. "I am not a theologian or a scholar, but I am very aware of the fact that pain is necessary to all of us. In my own life, I think I can honestly say that out of the deepest pain has come the strongest conviction of the presence of God and the love of God."
3. "We want to avoid suffering, death, sin, ashes. But we live in a world crushed and broken and torn, a world God Himself visited to redeem. We receive his poured-out life, and being allowed the high privilege of suffering with Him, may then pour ourselves out for others."
4. "Either we are adrift in chaos or we are individuals, created, loved, upheld and placed purposefully, exactly where we are. Can you believe that?"
5. "The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to be much worse, but in the end it’s going to be a lot better and a lot bigger." (LOVE this one)
Go see Jenna for more 5Faves!