"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Playdoh, Blue Apron, & Corrie ten Boom (7QT)

This week's quick takes are accompanied by blurry iPhone pictures. You're welcome.

1. I have a text thread going with 2 friends where we're holding each other accountable when it comes to keeping our house in decent shape. So right now, we text each other before and after pictures of 2 "hot spots" each day, where we set our timer for 5 minutes and GET THINGS DONE.
Before

After
 Seriously, it's crazy how much difference 5 minutes can make. And this particular time was just 3 minutes.

2. I love moments like these:
 It's been a good week, y'all.

3. The boys' birthday party brought with it A LOT of gifts, so I've set some aside for rainy days like I usually do. But this Play-doh set has been amazing as it keeps Landon occupied for HOURS. I never knew I would love Play-doh so much. (Totally worth any mess, by the way.)

4. My SIL told me about a new podcast and it is now one of my favorites - The Right Heart. Erin Franco has the sweetest little voice and has some great convos with people. Go check it out!

5. We got our 2nd Blue Apron delivery yesterday and I am hooked.
 So is Logan. He feels fancy when I let him do all the fun stuff like mixing everything together. I do all the hard prep work like dicing veggies.
Couscous on the left, beef tagine on the right. I'm not entirely sure what that means but it was yummy. And I'm totally going to make this work with our grocery budget!! I hate meal planning and grocery shopping.

6. Got these babies for $4.48:
Target, how I love thee.

7. I'm reading Corrie ten Boom's book, The Hiding Place, and I already have a favorite quote...
"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for a future that only He can see." - Corrie ten Boom

Go see the hilarious Kelly for more quick takes!

4 comments:

  1. I've been tempted to try Blue Apron but I'm so picky and none of the meals ever appeal to me... Too fancy :P But I've definitely fallen off the meal planning train again! Time to get back on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they are totally fancy and I end up skipping 2-3 weeks at a time because we don't like the choices. BUT the meals use lots of veggies - which I never do because I suck at meal planning - so I like that they help us eat healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to hear more about this Blue Apron! We have been eyeing it but then I saw something online where someone found a slug in their produce bag (re: everything is organic) and that kind of turned me off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slug?! Yikes. I have to say that we did have a couple issues (not nearly as serious as a slug!!), but after providing honest (and positive!) feedback to Blue Apron, they responded with some great customer service and credited us for a free delivery!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...