"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What's been going on around here (5Faves)

I feel like I haven't been doing many family updates lately, so how about I share 5 favorite happenings in our life recently? Linking up with my girl Jenna!

1. One in diapers

For the longest time, I honestly did not mind having 2 in diapers. Really really. But the closer Landon got to his 3rd birthday, it started stressing me out. Mainly because I knew it was time to potty train. And while the whole potty training thing didn't exactly take 3 days like it does for Kendra (and we did a very similar method), it was only about a month before he was 99% trained. And that is FINE by me.


2. Mobile baby....finally

Even though Chase actually sat up earlier than Landon did, he had NO INTEREST in doing anything else for the longest time. He seriously would be totally content just sitting and playing and watching his brother run around. His doctor was not concerned - and I wasn't really either, since there weren't any other red flags - and said that some babies never crawl.

Well, a week before Chase turned one...he decided to finally try crawling. And he's been moving ever since!


3. Birthday bash

Logan and I love throwing parties. And since our boys' birthdays are 34 days apart, we decided to throw a big ol' joint party. And it was fun! And much cheaper than 2 parties.

You know I'll bombard you with more party pictures in a future post.


4. High school reunion

Since Logan and I started dating in high school and were in the same graduating class, I figured it was a no-brainer - we WOULD go to our 10-year reunion. But as it got closer, I was all OMG, why are we going?! I honestly only talk to one friend on a regular basis (hey Katie!) and am totally fine with that.

BUT after the initial awkwardness when we first got there, the reunion ended up being a lot of fun and I'm so glad we went! The 2.5 margaritas might have helped. Wink.


5. Family time
This last one isn't a specific event - more like a change we've been making. I'm realizing what's important in the big picture and that is mostly spending time with the people you love. So on Logan's off days, we really try to just hang out and enjoy each other for a good part of the day. Yesterday that meant watching a movie together at 11am and then going to Dairy Queen for ice cream, followed by trips to Academy and Target to spend a little of the boys' birthday money. Simple, but fun. I love my family.

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty jealous that you only have one in diapers. We have been potty training the three and a half year old for the past three months using the same basic method. He is just super strong willed, some days he wakes up and decides that he is going to go in the potty, other days he tells me at the start that he won't and no matter how many "accidents" he has to clean up he will not change his mind. His sister who isn't even two is doing pretty well with it though, ha! Congrats on your potty training success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, those strong-willed ones!! Sounds like my 3-year old too, actually, which is why I'm REALLY surprised at how well he did. I will say that we had an epic fail of an attempt when he was 2.5 years old so we put it on hold for a few more months before trying again. Then we really, really, really tried to make it fun (which was SO HARD when you KNOW they know how to use the potty but often refuse to do it). Hang in there, it will be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think that's totally normal to not want to go. If I hadn't married someone in the same class, I wouldn't have gone either!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...