"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Because I can't put together a coherent blog post

Well, it's official. August is THE hardest month to blog (just like last year). And I don't even have kids in school!

Remember the auction Logan and I were in charge of last year? I'm doing it again. Because I'm crazy God told me to. BUT it is much less stressful this year because (a) I'm not pregnant, (b) I don't have a newborn), and (c) I actually know what I'm doing now. Plus this time the best sister-in-law ever is co-chairing with me.

So that's that. I'm also teaching CCD at my church parish again this year. Can you believe this is my fifth year? So crazy.

I have been trying really hard to simplify things and make life more enjoyable for everyone in our little family, so a few things I've been doing (that have totally been helping) include:

  • decluttering, decluttering, decluttering....and decluttering some more
  • unload the dishwasher before breakfast
  • stay on top of the dishes for the rest of the day (which can only be done if you unload the dishwasher ASAP)
  • do only one load of laundry a day and no more - washed, dried, folded, and put away
  • pray!
  • read more books!

It's pretty cool how much better I feel about life when I'm being intentional about keeping up with the never-ending dishes and laundry. And then I feel like I have more time to pray and read books to the kids. Win-win.



A few other things of note, if you care what's been going on in our little family:

  • Dr. H - my OB/GYN- is retiring next year. *sob* But I have found THE perfect doctor, something I never thought would happen. Seriously. (I started a blog post about it but I'm having a serious problem finishing things these days.)
  • I'm pretty sure Chase could walk by himself if he wanted to...but he won't even try. He's content pushing around anything and everything while walking behind it.
  • Landon is doing his second session of soccer - except this time he also gets to try football, basketball, and t-ball too!
I suppose that's enough randomness for one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...