"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, August 14, 2015

Livin' the good life (7QT)

Linking up with Kelly this week! You should read her post from last week about her family's journey with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. So inspiring.

1. Did you hear the news that my friend Lauren shared? Go click over and look at her adorable pictures!
Landon was 6 months old at Lauren's wedding (and now he's 3 years), so we've been praying for this news for a long time! We are SO excited for them. (Totally not the best picture of me, but you look beautiful, Lauren!)


2. Logan and I have a new godchild! Felicity Jane. We both were already godparents but this is the first time we've been godparents to the same baby, which is really exciting. She is so stinkin' cute!

Thanks to my cousin and his wife for asking us :)


3. Kristin Lavransdatter. I'm trudging my way through the 1124 pages (currently about 40% of the way through), but I have to say, even though it's taking me forever...I love it. This book is so Catholic and I don't know if the author intended it to be (since she wasn't a Catholic when she started writing...but later converted), but yeah. I'm glad my SIL is reading it at the same time as me so I can talk to someone about it!


4. We've been doing all the summer things lately. First up, Cool Zoo at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans! It's a really neat splash park. Only downside is that you have to pay extra in addition to admission to the zoo (but thankfully we have a membership so we only had to pay for the water part).



5. We also took a little drive to Mississippi to visit Gulf Islands Waterpark. The boys had SO much fun. (Normally we don't do that much in one week but realized last minute that last Friday was the last day we could use our rain checks at the waterpark.)

Chase pooped out much sooner than Landon, so I hung out with him in the shade while Logan played with Landon.


6. Is it possible to have too many popsicles and snowballs in August? Please tell me no.

Landon was voluntarily giving Chase bites of his snowball. He can be sweet when he wants to be...;)
And in case anyone is in need of a new snowball flavor, try peach. It's my new favorite. (You're welcome.)


7. I would just like to say that I know it seems like I've been over-sharing on the blog here lately (i.e. NFP, sex)....trust me, I know. But I can honestly say that sometimes I feel very inspired to write about certain things (usually when I'm praying the rosary), no matter how crazy they seem, and although I would rather not put some things out there for the world to see - I also know that those seemingly personal posts are the ones that seem to resonate with people. And if only ONE person gets something from it, then, well...it's worth it.

So thanks for putting up with me (and still being friends with me in real life! ha). Y'all are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...