"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

God Uses Everything {quotes edition}

I love quotes. Always have. I may or may not have a quotes document on my computer, and I also may or may not have a couple notebooks that I randomly write quotes in too. I'll never tell. (Just kidding. I'm a big nerd and totally do all those things.) Quotes are just so dang inspiring and I always seem to come across the perfect one at the exact time I need it. Ya know? God takes care of us like that.

I guess you could say one of the "themes" of this blog is that God uses everything. A couple weeks ago, I shared 5 books that went with that theme. And this week I'm sharing 5 quotes! Because lately there have been situations where I have NO IDEA how God could possibly be using whatever craziness is happening...but I know He does. So I'm just trusting in that. (Prayers appreciated, please and thank you.)

1. “Things were in God's plan which I had not planned at all. I am coming to the living faith and conviction that - from God's point of view - there is no chance and that the whole of my life, down to every detail, has been mapped out in God's divine providence and makes complete and perfect sense in God's all-seeing eyes.” - Edith Stein (AKA St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross) 

2. "If we 'look and listen' when confronted with life's roadblocks, we may find that what first appeared to be an obstacle in our path is actually a friendly sign pointing us in the direction we need to go." - Frederick W. Marks 

3. "By delaying to grant our petitions, God increases our desires. By increasing our desires, God enlarges our heart. By enlarging our heart, God prepares us to be filled with himself." - Saint Augustine 

4. "It may sometimes be more fruitful in the end if we live with a lingering question, and grow slowly towards wisdom, than if we find a quick answer partly dictated by our own desires. The waiting changes us, schools us, teaches us to know God." - Maria Boulding 

5. "Nothing is essential, real, or of any value unless ordained by God who arranges all things and makes them useful to the soul." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

----
Linking up with Jenna again! Go check out everyone else's 5faves. And in case you want to read my others posts where I shamelessly quote other people, check these out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...