"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, September 11, 2015

When God works everything out (you know, fertility stuff)


(Not pregnant. Just saying.)

I've been with the same doctor for all three pregnancies. And since my first one ended so tragically, Dr. H has gone above and beyond for these last two pregnancies. I knew he was probably nearing retirement (honestly, he could have retired a long time ago), but I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to think about having to find a new doctor, and I really didn't think I could find one I trusted and was able to handle my craziness.

Just for the record - PCOS (finally diagnosed officially, how fun), MTHFR (a gene mutation), incompetent cervix. Three unrelated things but all affect the whole childbearing situation.

Although Dr. H really didn't know anything about MTHFR and couldn't help with my Creighton charting, he's got a million years (okay, 40+ years) of experience and has pretty much seen it all. So his laid-back disposition was juuuuust what I needed during my crazy pregnancies.

So anyway. Back to the whole not-having-a-doctor-soon thing.

I thought there was NO POSSIBLE WAY I could find a doctor that could help me sort out my PCOS issues (instead of just putting a "band-aid" on it), help me find the right supplements for my MTHFR issues (Dr. C, my high-risk OB, knew about it but she will only deal with me if I'm pregnant and I honestly don't know if I want to see her for subsequent pregnancies), aaaaaand be willing to take on my lovely incompetent cervix as well. Did I mention I kind of want to attempt a VBAC if I get pregnant again? (Don't bother telling me the risks, thank you, I'm fully aware.)

So yeah. Didn't think I would find a doctor I would feel comfortable with AND who would be able to help me with all of the aforementioned issues.

And then God was all, hey, you should go see this new Catholic doctor. Even though I had just seen Dr. H for my annual exam.

And I was all, ummm, but she doesn't take my insurance.

Then I found out my insurance was just approved.

So I called to schedule an appointment and they were like, "You still might have to pay $300 for your first visit."

Logan was like NOPE. But I told him we could just use our HSA (even though we're trying to save up for any future pregnancies).

So I went to see this doctor and I still can't believe I'm saying this, but...she was able to help me with EVERYTHING. She officially diagnosed me with PCOS (I've had 2 other doctors over the years say I had symptoms) and had a plan to manage it. She actually knew about MTHFR (which is rare among doctors, unfortunately) and had a plan for that too. AND she wasn't bothered by my stupid cervix and is actually open to the possibility of a VBA2C (she has to look at my previous operative reports and all).

It's like all my dreams came true. You know what's even cooler? I only had to pay 50 something bucks. Thank you, Jesus.

Moral of the story: God just works everything out. Just listen, trust, and know He works things out for our good. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...