"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, October 30, 2015

Keeping it quick (7QT)

1. Link-toberfest
Hey! I won a prize! It pays to link up with Kelly. Thanks to her and all the other awesome ladies who donated!

2. All Saints fun
I teach CCD every week, and the whole family joined me this week to help with our (early) All Saints' Celebration. My classroom was the pilgrimage place of Assisi, Italy, so naturally I dressed the boys up as St. Francis.
(Because it was also the easiest costume EVER. Landon wore Logan's shirt, Chase wore mine, and I tied this rope twine around their waists. Cost approximately zero dollars. #winning)

3. In the kitchen
I found a recipe for teriyaki chicken (one of my fave things ever) and it was goooood. We ate it with Haley's fried rice recipe (minus the shrimp) in her Feast! book. Yummy.


4. What I'm reading

  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - I LOVE books that take place in WWII, and I've heard good things about this. Not far enough into it to have much of an opinion, but so far I'm liking it.
  • The Winter of Our Disconnect by Susan Maushart - Why is this book making me want to get rid of our phones and computers? That won't happen, of course, but man...I'm starting to wonder what the world will come to eventually. (I really don't know how to explain my thoughts about this book. Just read it.)

5. Chase
 Well, I've come to the conclusion that you can thank this little boy for the fact that we're so open to life right now. (Oh, and Aunt Jess, he needs a haircut when you're in town!)

6. Landon
His favorite thing to say about something is that it's the "biggest one EVER".
"I making the biggest snake EVER." Right, buddy. (Jess, he needs a haircut too!)

7. Memes by Logan
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...