"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, October 23, 2015

Lots of reading and another meme by Logan (7QT)

1. Link-toberfest
I skipped last week, but I'm pretty proud of linking up with Kelly for the 3rd time this month! This week's question is "What is your most popular quick takes post?" And I don't even want to link to mine because it just so happens to be my very first 7QT post AND link-up I ever did and, um, no. I was trying a little too hard. So I'll share the next most popular one - but there's actually a tie between Livin' the good life and An old-fashioned vacation (kind of). You don't have to go read those...I just want an extra entry into the giveaway!

2. Family adventures
We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch this week, and the boys loved it. But man...it was hot. I thought it was almost November!! #welcometolouisiana

3. Links I loved
4. The boys
We've been reading a lot of books lately, and I'm just loving how they love books. Even Chase is all about books! I'll ask, "Do y'all want to read a book?" and Chase will toddle his way to the bookshelf, pick one of his fave books, and bring it to me with a big dimpled smile on his face. So cute. The other day, Landon was supposed to have changed from pajamas into regular clothes, but I found him in just his undies, looking at a book. I told him to put his clothes on, and he replied, "I'm trying to read this book first!"

5. Weekend getaway
Logan and I had our first overnight date since Landon was born (3+ years ago)! Unless you count the marriage retreat we went on last year. But I kind of don't, because a marriage retreat is a little different than living it up in New Orleans - staying in a nice hotel and eating at so many good restaurants. So, so nice, y'all. I'm so thankful that we were able to make it happen!

6. What I'm reading
  • How She Does It by Anne Bogel - this was a quick and easy read. I have become so thankful lately for Logan's unusual work schedule (and I use to hate it with a passion), and this book made me realize even more the potential his schedule gives to us to start new endeavors. 
  • The Winter of Our Disconnect by Susan Maushart - Only about 20% in, but wow, it's making me think. I've already cut down on technology these past few months, so the whole premise was intriguing, and I'm really curious to see how I will feel at the end of the book.
  • Holy Sex! by Gregory Popcak - I finished this...and I really think every married person should read it too. It covers everything, and of course not everything will apply to your situation, and some of it is kind of hard to read (at least for me), but yeah. I wish I had read it in the beginning of my marriage!

7. Memes by Logan
I gave Logan the picture, and he delivered. Gotta love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...