"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Maybe you saw this coming

When I wrote this post a couple weeks ago about how having more kids would totally be worth it, I still wasn't sure how I felt about being pregnant. Yes, we wanted more kids, and yes, it would be worth the sacrifice...but holy crap, pregnancy is HARD.

I think I was writing that post mostly for myself, because I knew I was having fertile signs at the time and I knew that I could very well be pregnant soon. Very soon.

This past week I started to wonder if I was indeed pregnant. No major symptoms really, but a lot of cramping/whatever....and a lot of intuition. I kind of feel like these past few months were preparation for another pregnancy. Sounds crazy, and I can't even really explain it. I just felt it in my gut, ya know?

So I tested on Friday. Negative. Then I tested 2-3 days after that. Negative.

I normally DO NOT take that many tests, but for some reason this time around I was really freaking out about possibly being pregnant. I think it was not knowing that was killing me. Was I pregnant or not? WHEN WOULD I KNOW?

Well, as of today. It's official, y'all - we're having another baby! And you want to know my reaction when I first saw that positive test result? Pure joy. I surprised myself, really. I thought I'd have a panic attack or something.

It's so crazy to me that these last 2 babies happened so easily, especially after losing the first and struggling so hard to get pregnant with the second. (We've apparently figured out what supplement I need to take to actually ovulate normally!) And it's hard not to feel guilty when I still have friends who are desperately trying for their first little miracle.

I don't understand it, but I know God knows more than we know and that ultimately, His will prevails. I don't know what these next 9 months hold for our little family, and I don't even know if this baby will come into this world safe and sound. But for now, we will thank God for all our blessings and trust that He will carry us through. Just as He always has.

We appreciate any and all prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...