"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 9, 2015

Some good things and what the devil hates

Sorry if my last post left you hanging...(it was not my intention, my bad)

Last year I was in charge of a big silent auction for an awesome non-profit organization in the New Orleans area. They literally save babies and positively change the lives of women and their families. Really. I support their ministry so much that I'm helping run the auction AGAIN this year (okay, really it's because I felt called to it...God likes to stretch us sometimes). You can check out their website here if you're interested.

You know what the devil hates? When we help fight against abortion. When we play a part in giving all women hope, no matter what her situation is in life.

Even when it's just a small part, like helping with an annual fundraiser. Because seriously, so many ridiculous things have happened lately, and it gets worse the closer we get to the event. So crazy. I feel like we can't catch a break. The devil is working hard, for sure. 

And then there's the whole new pregnancy thing for our little family. We always seems to deal with spiritual warfare during pregnancy (well, at least we did with Chase), and I guess it's because the devil hates when people are open to life. Especially when it'd be so easy to call it quits and when apparently everyone else thinks we're slightly nuts for not stopping at just 2 kids. (Seriously, those of you with 4+ kids, I don't know how you handle the comments! We've gotten plenty already!)

So those are the 2 big reasons why the devil is all up in our business lately. Continued prayers are appreciated because sometimes it feels like I'm being held underwater. (I know that sounds exaggerated but it's the truth!) Sigh.

 But how about some good things that have been happening in the past week?? I like good things.
The guy who swore in 2013 that he would never drive a van.
  • We bought a (new-to-us) van! Yay! Because last week was so crazy, it actually sat in my garage for 4 days before I got a chance to get a good look at it and even drive it. (I had given the checkbook to Logan and told him he had to do it himself because my brain could not handle anything else.) But Logan did great and it's awesome and I'm totally digging the minivan life after just 3 days.
Isn't she adorable?
  • I unexpectedly got to visit my grandma (Dad's mom). Of course it's because she was in the hospital not doing well, but I'm glad we (my brother and SIL too) made the crazy last-minute 6-hour trip. My grandma seems to be doing better for the time being, and I hope I'll be able to see her again. (Just depends on pregnancy stuff because I usually don't travel far when I'm pregnant.)
I know I look like the odd one out...but that's actually my twin sister on the left.
  • I helped throw one of my BFFs (we go way back to the 6th grade) a baby shower for her much-prayed for baby boy. I cannot wait to meet him!
  • My sister and her family came down for the baby shower so we also got to visit with them! 
And now I'm just pushing through these next 2 weeks and praying life slows down then. Thank you for all of the prayers! I'm praying for all of you reading this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...