"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 16, 2015

Sometimes surprises are just what I need

Well, I could go on and on again about how life is still crazy and now I'm trying not to puke all day in the midst of it and that I've been napping 2-3 hours almost every day (seriously) because I'm so tired and overwhelmed and that after this weekend life will (hopefully!!) be less crazy.

But I think it'd be more fun to tell you about what happened on Friday. I should be doing auction stuff right now but it's kind of been taking over my life lately and obviously blogging is more fun. And if I don't blog now it probably won't happen this week. So here we go!

Random pic of what I've been doing a lot of lately when not doing auction stuff
Logan told me awhile ago that he wanted to take me out on a date the week before the big silent auction, since he knew I'd be stressed and would need a night out. Which was so, so true. So our friend Lindsey (Chase's godmother) came over to watch the boys and we headed out to dinner.

On the way there, Logan said he was proud of all the work I was doing and wanted to give me kind of an early Christmas gift and handed me Matthew West's new CD. And for those of you who don't know, Matthew West is one of my fave Christian artists and this here blog is actually named after some of his lyrics. So I was really touched!

And then I opened the CD and found 2 concerts tickets. To Matthew West. That night.

I should say that Matthew West has never come to southeast Louisiana (to my knowledge) so I have never seen him in concert even though I've always wanted to! So when I realized that we were actually going to Matthew West's concert instead of dinner, I couldn't believe it. How in the world did Logan pull this off without me realizing? (Because honestly, he is a terrible liar and I usually know when he's up to something, but I guess I've been too preoccupied!)

And then my second thought (because...pregnant) was What are we going to eat then? But before I could even say the thought aloud, Logan pulls a bag of takeout sushi out from behind my seat.

I totally cried, y'all. Like lots of tears. And I'm TOTALLY not a crier and have probably only cried one other time that Logan did something super romantic like this. (Seriously, I didn't even cry when he proposed or at our wedding! I have a problem.) Logan regrets not having the whole thing on video. I'd like to blame the hormones but it was probably a combination of that, stress, and being so thankful I married a romantic. He's the best!

Funny tidbit: Logan had to spray a crapload of Febreeze in the car so I wouldn't smell the sushi. He really did think of everything, y'all.

So the concert was amazing and Matthew West was just hilarious, and I highly recommend you see him if he comes to a city near you. It was just the thing I needed since these past couple of weeks have been nuts and I really haven't been able to rest/relax as much as I wanted and needed to (except those naps. They're the only reason I'm surviving!).

On a side note, my first ultrasound is this week so please say a prayer because I would hate to get not-so-good news before my fundraiser event. I have been feeling like crap - which is a good sign, perhaps - but I'm also on progesterone this time around and am not sure if it's that or the baby that's making me feel bad. So, there's that. Hope y'all are having a less crazy week than me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...