"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, December 4, 2015

What I love about the rosary

I mentioned earlier this year how I was rekindling my love for the rosary. And I can honestly say that 8 months later, it has been life-changing. There's still a day here or there where I don't pray a rosary (usually when I'm off my usual routine, like when Logan is not working), but most days I do and I really can't recommend it enough! Logan has also been praying the rosary on his way to work every day and he totally agrees with me. We've had a lot of growth this year in our family - and especially our marriage - and I'd like to think the rosary has been a big part of that.

It's also been one of the things that has kept me [somewhat] sane these past couple of months. I can't even really explain it, but in those moments where I just feel paralyzed by fear, doubt, or stress, grabbing a rosary and focusing on the mysteries is the most calming thing.
When I feel the weight of a cross in my life, thinking about Jesus carrying the ultimate cross really changes my perspective. 
When I feel like people misunderstand me, I think about how Jesus was mocked and He chose to respond with love. 
When I feel like God is so far away, I think about the Ascension and how Jesus had to leave the disciples again in order to send them the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
When I feel like God is asking too much of me, I think of the Annunciation and how Mary willingly said yes to carrying Our Savior in her young womb. 
When I feel like a situation in my life is hopeless, I think about the Resurrection and how God can make the impossible, possible. Jesus was raised from the dead, after all!
No matter what we're going through, focusing on the life of Jesus through the eyes of the Blessed Mother can bring us healing and peace. There's always a mystery that resonates more with my life at any given time. And I just love that when I know I need to pray and just don't have the words, I can pray the rosary.

And I have to mention that because we're meditating on mysteries, you can gain new insight every time you pray. That's why they're called mysteries – we will never be able to fully grasp the meaning of them this side of Heaven.

Of course, Mary is praying for us, and I always add a litany of saints at the end of the rosary so a bunch of other holy men and women are praying too! It really is a win-win-win.

I should also add that there are many other ways to pray, not just the rosary, so for if some reason it doesn't seem to be fruitful, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. BUT I would only come to that conclusion after attempting to pray the rosary daily for several weeks. Chances are it will change your prayer life for the better. :)

What do you love about the rosary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...