"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Baby, books, dimples and more (7QT)

1. What I'm not doing in 2016

I totally wrote 6 takes and then realized I could have used Kelly's idea and share what I'm NOT doing this year. So, one take will have to do....I'm not doing the following (and sorry, they're not funny like Kelly's):
  • Making excuses (about everything really...making time for prayer, achieving my goals, etc.)
  • Running a marathon...or 5K. But, all for good reason! #newbaby
  • Picking up the same toys off the ground over and over. Yep, still decluttering around here. Lifelong process, I suppose.
  • Reading books to my kids that I don't like...we get a lot for free and I'm realizing many of them suck. So, into the donation pile they go.
Man, I thought I'd have a bunch of things but my mind is blank. Oh well.


2. Baby update

I've normally seen the high-risk doctor several times by now, but we waited this time around and had our first appointment yesterday. Baby looks good, my cervix is nice and long, and we will be finding out the gender next time in 3 weeks! Logan wanted to know the tech's guess but I had to convince him not to ruin our gender reveal that my friends already planned. Ha. I'm leaning boy but...that's all I know. AND we decided on a boy name quite some time ago and I feel like we will never decide on a girl name. Seriously. Never.

3. Instagram fun

I snagged this ADORABLE bag by Happy Nest Home Goods in the last flash sale by Zelie & Co. on Instagram (go follow both! Support Catholic mamas!). It's so well made! I've been having a hard time with a diaper bag over my shoulder lately so I'm going hands-free. Plus it came with a super cute teething ring that will come in handy later this year. ;) Please excuse the pajamas and glasses (I'm so paranoid about putting in contacts after having pink eye!) and the toddler potty seat in the background. #babybump #16weeks

4. January is the month of crazy

I don't know what it is about January, but the last few years have been a little on the ridiculous side. Two years ago, we had that initial scare with Chase in utero which resulted in blood tests and all. I also found Logan passed out in the bathroom one night (everything ended up being fine, thankfully) and he had some issues at work. Last year wasn't nearly as bad but I did end up with a stomach bug which causes me to miss my twin nieces' 1st birthday party. And now THIS YEAR I have managed to get a cold,  pink eye, and viral pharyngitis (but not strep, thankfully, which I was worried about...even went to urgent care for the first time in my life). All while still dealing with morning sickness. I have been feeling better the last couple of days, praise God! But I could use a break right now when it comes to sickness.

5. What I'm reading

Y'all! I think I might actually hit my crazy goal of reading 50 books this year! I've already read 7 and am almost finished another. I probably won't keep up this pace (because recovering from a cerclage and being sick gave me an excuse to read a lot), but I still think it's possible.

  • Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry - I enjoyed this a lot. I want to go live on a farm now! (Okay, I already did...this just convinced me even more.) Berry's writing is lovely.
  • The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - I've only read one book out of this series before now (book #2, which I just reread), so I'm making my way through the rest of them. I listened to both these audio books this month and haven't decided if I'll continue listening or actually pick up some of the books.
  • Rediscover Jesus by Matthew Kelly - I got this for free from my church and while I definitely think a lot of people could benefit from it, I don't think it's going to change my life or anything. But I'm still going to finish it because it's an easy read.
  • As Sure as the Dawn (Mark of the Lion, Book #3) by Francine Rivers - I read the first 2 books last year and totally forgot about the last one until recently. It's probably my least favorite of the series, but I'm still enjoying it. Almost done!

6. Landon Gerard (3.5 years)

Logan took the boys on a little adventure the other day so I could have some time to myself. Somebody is getting brave!

7. Chase Michael (1.5 years)

The dimples, y'all. I can't get over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...