"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Because sickness and pink eye can't get me down (5Faves)

I've had a lovely week of recovering from my cerclage, having a cold, getting pink eye (mild case, thankfully!!), and still dealing with morning sickness, and since I'm SURE you don't want me to ramble on about that....I'll be super duper optimistic instead and share some favorites of mine lately. Linking up with Ashley!

Downton Abbey

I just love this show and am a little sad it's the last season. So far the episodes have been really good and I REALLY want to talk about a certain part of Episode 2 (dealing with the doctor visit, if you've seen it) but hate to spoil it for anybody who hasn't watched yet. Oh, and I miss Tom Branson. He was my favorite. (But perhaps he'll be back at least for the finale? I hope so.)

Uneventful prenatal appointments

How is it even possible that I'm 14 weeks along and have yet to have an eventful/stressful/bad news doctor's appointment? I'm loving it. I mean, this pregnancy hasn't been exactly easy, but not having the extra drama that we had with Landon and Chase is just really, really refreshing. I had an appointment today and baby's heart rate is good and my cervix is good. I haven't seen a high-risk dr yet (my choice...because last time it just caused way more drama than it's worth), but Dr. H is sending me to one next week. I'm okay with that, though, because I still have a hard time believing I'm pregnant so seeing our little baby in an ultrasound will probably help with that. Hopefully things will stay uneventful!
 I just had to laugh at my ridiculous chart this morning because it's definitely over 3 inches thick and about 4 times the size of most other charts. Dr. H even carried it to the front for me because he didn't want me to get a hernia! Ha. #highriskpregnancyproblems

Good friends and a good momma

A good friend unexpectedly brings you dinner on Saturday night, plays with your kids, AND lets your dog outside. Which was even more awesome than usual because Logan was working and I had a hard time getting out of my comfortable recliner. (You're the best, LAL!)

My mom stayed with us for over 3 whole days last week and I really wouldn't have survived without her - she did the laundry, washed dishes, fed the boys, and then some. So, so thankful for her! (Love you, Mom!)

Blue Apron

Totally not a sponsored thing! Just have to say that Blue Apron is the reason we eat decent meals some weeks these days. Logan doesn't normally do the cooking, but since a box arrives on our doorstep with the recipes and all the necessary ingredients (except olive oil, salt, and pepper, which we always have on hand), he can easily handle it himself if I'm not feeling up to it. Every now and then we get a meal that's just "eh", but most of the time we enjoy them and a few we've really loved!
I don't even remember what this was but it was yummy. Served on a chipped plate because we're so classy.

Books

I'm on a reading streak right now and loving it! I've already read 4 (!!) books this month (my goal is 50 this year), just started another, and am almost done listening to an audiobook too. Boom. Recovering from a procedure and being sick does have its perks.

Of those 4 books, 2 of them I just have to mention again because I loved them that much. In This House of Brede definitely met my expectations based on everything I've heard about it. And Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer is such a good spiritual read - totally inspiring.

I just picked up Hannah Coulter from the library and am hoping it's also just as good as everybody says! So far I like it (I mean, as much as you can like a book 20 pages in...).

----
P.S. I finally gave in and created a Facebook page for this here blog! So click over and give it a like. :) Don't forget to go link up with Ashley and try to win a prize pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...