When I was looking at quotes to choose one for my last post on prayer, I realized there were so many good ones by saints! (And yes, I am that nerd that has a document on my laptop solely for quotes. You know you want to be my friend.) So I'm linking up with Ashley again and sharing 5 favorite quotes on prayer. Get ready to be inspired!
1. "Nothing is equal to prayer; for what is impossible it makes possible, what is difficult, easy...For it is impossible, utterly impossible, for the man who prays eagerly and invokes God ceaselessly ever to sin." - St. John Chrysostom
2. "In whatever state the soul may be, it ought to pray. A soul which is pure and beautiful must pray, or else it will lose its beauty; a soul which is striving after this purity must pray, or else it will never attain it; a soul which is newly converted must pray, or else it will fall again; a sinful soul, plunged in sins, must pray so that it might rise again. There is no soul which is not bound to pray, for every single grace comes to the soul through prayer." -St. Maria Faustina Kowalska
3. "It is impossible for a person who prays regularly to remain in serious sin; because the two are incompatible, one or the other will have to be given up." -St. Teresa of Avila
4. "Spiritual joy arises from purity of the heart and perseverance in prayer." – St. Francis of Assisi
5. "God wills that our desire should be exercised in prayer, that we may be able to receive what he is prepared to give." – St. Augustine