"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Well, I didn't intend to set goals... (5Faves)

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with goal setting because while I love being productive....I don't like messing up. I always try to do too much and then burn out and then have the whole "well, screw it" attitude. I sound really fun, I know.

I wasn't intending to set specific goals this year because of this pregnancy (well, at least I wasn't going to write them down), BUT Ashley had to go and put goals/resolutions as one of her 5Faves prompts AND offer an entry to a giveaway for each time you link-up. So I'm just going to blame/thank her for the motivation. :) You should go link up too!

1) Rest more.

Rest is my word of the year because I'm generally pretty bad at it. I did get better at it last year, and ironically my pregnancies always force me to rest (perhaps that's why I can't seem to rest when I'm not pregnant). I've just been convicted this past year how important it is to take care of myself so I can take care of my family - and resting is a big part of that!

2) Read more.

You can set a reading goal for the year on Goodreads, and I totally had a brain fart and chose to read 50 books this year. It wasn't until my sister-in-law pointed out that that's almost a book a week. Oops. I was thinking more like 2-3 books a month. Normally I'm good at math, but...pregnancy brain. But I'm just going to just stick with the 50 books because I'm trying to rest more! And I like to read while I rest. I have plans to have a post with some of the books I want to read if you're into that kind of thing...

3) Open an Etsy shop.

Well, this is the most nerve-wracking goal I have. I've been wanting to do this for several months now but just didn't have enough time...and then I got pregnant and didn't have enough energy. I already have items made to sell with ideas for more - I just need to do it! (Typing this makes me soooo nervous!!) But getting started is the hardest part for me and I'm also kind of waiting until I feel better (morning sickness and all). Any tips or advice before I get started would be greatly appreciated!

4) Write more.

There are 3 parts to this one:
a) Continue to blog 1-3 times a week.
b) Journal at least every 2 weeks. GOSH, why is this so hard? I used to be such an avid journaler (I think I made that word up) and absolutely love going back and reading what I wrote. But for some reason sitting down to blog is just so much easier than pulling out my journal. But there are so many things I don't put on here that I really need to get out elsewhere...
c) Finish a bigger writing project. I have several ideas for writing projects and have even started a couple of them...but then I leave them alone for months. I tend to just write when inspiration hits but I've been finding myself lately not taking advantage of inspiration moments. Ugh. (Typing this also makes me nervous! Eek.)

5) Pray more.

This is something I made progress in last year, but I know I have a long way to go. I haven't decided on specifics for this just yet, other than adding more periods of prayer to my day and reading more spiritual books. But I'm hoping to write some more posts about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...