"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

An Etsy Reveal


Well, this is nerve wracking.

I initially wanted to open an Etsy shop last summer. But we had a very busy July and August, and then I got really busy running the silent auction for WNLC. The fundraiser was in November, so in October I just resigned to the fact that I wouldn't have time to open an Etsy shop til after Christmas.

But then I got pregnant in October. The auction ended, and I was feeling pretty crappy. Then the new year came and went, I was still feeling crappy (first trimester will always be the worst), I had to get a cerclage, and then I kept getting other sicknesses.

Do y'all care about this? No? Oh well. Moving on.

I knew if I didn't open an Etsy shop soon, it wouldn't happen for a long time. So as soon as I started feeling better, I got busy, preparing to open. It explains why I didn't really blog this past week. I'm such a perfectionist and the details totally matter but I finally realized I needed to just open the dang shop. So I did! Presenting:

There were a couple other names I considered but ultimately decided to stick with the same name as this here blog because it'll make everything easier as far as social media and advertising is concerned. If you were curious about that part.

I'm slowly adding different items, but my main listings are rosary bracelets (because I love the rosary!). There are a million things I could do, but I'm really trying to focus on things I'm passionate about - like my faith and my family. So everything I list will be related to that.

I would like to say that I read Crystal Paine's Money Making Mom all last week, and I honestly don't know if I would have gone through with opening the shop if I hadn't been reading the book leading up to it. Seriously. It was so inspiring and just wanted I needed to hear. So many questions came up: What if nobody likes my stuff? What if I don't get any orders? WHAT IF THIS IS A BAD IDEA? The mind of a melancholic can be crazy, y'all.

But Crystal's book totally motivated me and I will never know if I don't try. So here we go.


If you click over and favorite my shop, I would be so appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...