"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, February 22, 2016

Contentment on a Monday

Well. It's certainly Monday.

Normally my days just run together, because with Logan working weekends there's really no "Monday...womp womp" without an actual weekend. But Logan actually was off yesterday, Chase woke up super fussy and snotty/coughing today (he ran fever over the weekend), I found dog poop in the living room, and yes. It's Monday.

I've been reading the Mass readings every day lately, and since Lent started, I've also been journaling about them in my handy dandy Blessed is She Lenten workbook. It's been pretty nice. Especially on mornings today when I finally sit down and read this (again, because I'm weird and read them twice) in the First Reading:
"Tend the flock of God in your midst, [overseeing] not by constraint but willingly, as God would have it, not for shameful profit but eagerly." (1 Peter 5:2, NAB)
Well, you got me, God. I can't say I was " eagerly" tending my flock this morning. Take away the dog poop and maybe...

I really have become more content in the last year or so - and that's probably an entirely different blog post - but even with being content (for the most part) in life, I have to admit I tend to forget that I have my own flock. In my house. And they're my responsibility and I should be tending them eagerly!

So as I wipe boogers for the millionth time and deal with another tantrum and wash yet another load of laundry and deal with the never-ending pile of dishes, I'll look at my little flock of guys and be thankful for this beautiful and crazy life...and try to remember that just a few short years ago I was begging for this. And now I have it. Dog poop and all. So blessed, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...