"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, February 5, 2016

Date night, brothers, Etsy, etc. (7QT)

1. Brain dump

Gosh, this Etsy thing is tapping me out when it comes to my creative side (I feel weird saying that because I never considered myself creative...until now I guess?). I have plenty of blog post ideas (some already written) but for some reason my brain can only handle so much, um, thinking. So here's a brain dump for you today. You're welcome.

2. Date night!

Logan has been DYING to go on a date and we finally made it happen this week! We had gift cards to Bonefish Grill and had never been there before, and it was pretty yummy. I sported my new Lularoe Amelia dress! Baby bump = 17 weeks (today makes 18 though!)
For some reason I went from no baby bump to HELLO WORLD I'M PREGNANT within 2 weeks. Because now all of a sudden random people (who did not know I was pregnant) are asking if I'm having a boy or girl.

3. Baby update

I saw Dr. H this week and all is well still. Yay. This pregnancy has felt so strange, though, because usually I'm feeling movement long before now and/or frequent contractions. But, nothing. I did start to feel some flutters this week though! My favorite part. And I do feel cramping/contractions/pressure if I don't eat or drink enough or if I do too much. Pretty typical. But the big difference from previous pregnancies is that I'm not feeling anything other than that! I really, really hope this keeps up. (I think it's because I'm on progesterone this time around. Just my theory.)

4. Gender reveal (next week)

My big ultrasound is at the high-risk doctor next week! We're having a gender reveal next weekend (sorry if you're local and not invited! trying to keep it small) so of course I will update this here blog after that. I was really wanting to do a surprise this time around, but Logan is all NOPE, so oh well. But I am pretty excited - and nervous - to find out if we're adding yet another boy or if we're going to be surprised by a girl. No strong feelings one way or the other at this point...Logan swears it's a boy though. Landon has been saying lately it's a boy. And we asked Chase and he so cutely said, "ghoul". So, we'll see!

5. What I'm reading


  • Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights John Paul II's Love and Responsibility by Edward Sri - I really enjoyed this one! It's a pretty easy read and I'm not brave enough to jump into JPII sooo this was perfect. Highly recommend it.
  • A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - I'm joining Ashley and her book club with this one! I haven't gotten too far but so far it's making me LOL because Ove is so ridiculously miserable. I'm looking forward to where this book goes.
  • Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs - finally reading this to get it off my bookshelf! I haven't gotten too far in this one either, but I'm thinking (hoping!) I will gain much insight from it. So far, the author and his marriage remind me a lot of my marriage with Logan. 

6. Etsy

I'm trying to figure out the best way to not overload you with stuff I'm adding to my shop...is dedicating one take to it okay? 
I made a banner for our gender reveal so I had to add one to the shop! Although the one I made for us is different because we're doing a little twist (hint: fiesta)...and I don't have the cute baby feet on ours because I didn't think about it until I already finished! Oh well. I love this pink and blue one though.
One of my besties asked me to make this rosary bracelet for her little girl who made her First Reconciliation this week and she loved it! Yay. I think that's one of my favorite colors.

7. Brothers

 I totally get the appeal of big families now. These two just LOVE each other and I cannot wait until they can love on this new little baby. (My poor dog though...)
Logan took the boys to a parade last week and I stayed home (in silence!) and caught up on Downton Abbey and drank hot chocolate. So lovely. I love Mardi Gras season. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...