"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, February 12, 2016

I should probably be doing something more productive (7QT)

1. King cake + Downton Abbey = awesomeness

Some of my besties and I had the brilliant idea of all bringing a different king cake to a GNI (girls night in) viewing of Downton Abbey on Lundi Gras. King cake tasting for the win! You can never have too much king cake.

2. Lent

So...Lent. I actually felt prepared this year, which is sooo not typical. And so far it's been good!
I'm using Blessed is She's Lenten workbook and it's lovely.
And we started praying a decade of the rosary some nights with Annie's rosary roses. Landon just loves it.

3. Words that spoke to me this week

I read this earlier this week and just loved it. Anybody else take screenshots of EVERYTHING? (And I just noticed this was apparently after 11pm. I'm usually sleeping long before then! Ha.)

4. Baby update

I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions on Ash Wednesday (ironically enough), so I was a bit worried about my ultrasound today. But my cervix is fine and the baby is growing well! Praise God. My placenta is in a position that apparently makes me look farther along (says the ultrasound tech) and also cushions any movement from the baby. So that explains why I haven't been feeling a whole lot.

Our little 11 oz baby. Not the best picture but oh well.

Oh, and gender reveal tomorrow! I'm kind of nervous. Because both the thought of 3 boys or finally having a girl is...nerve wracking. I would still totally rather not knowing until birth. Logan feels the complete opposite. And that explains our marriage in a nutshell. ;)

5. What I'm reading

  • A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - Over halfway done this and am really enjoying it. Ove is such a frustrating man but you can't help but love him! And now I'm totally bummed that I have to wait until the ebook is available from my library again to finish it! Darn 7-day check-outs.
  • Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs - this is kind of hard to read at times because I know there are things I need to work on in our marriage. But that's a good thing, right? 
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - I think this is one of my favorite books in the series. But I don't really remember the last 3 books...
  • Rediscover Jesus by Matthew Kelly - I'm almost done this one finally, and I have to say it kind of grew on me. But I wouldn't read it again like I plan on doing with Rediscover Catholicism.

6. Landon Gerard (3.5 years)

We've cut out TV for the kids this Lent, and I don't know if that's to blame, but....this kid has totally been spending a lot of time just sitting and "reading" quietly. Usually he's talking nonstop!
And then he said he was going to take a nap but instead I found him looking at books. Again. I'm loving it.

7. Chase Michael (1.5 years)


The nurse at his well visit was so surprised that he was only average for weight. But I think we can blame that on his short stature. Oh, and his head is huge. I can't believe he's not going to be the baby for much longer!

Linking up with Kelly again for 7QT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...