"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, February 20, 2016

New phone, Instagram, and what I've been working on (7QT)

1. After having a cracked iPhone for almost 2 years (for reals...it happened when I was pregnant with Chase), we finally were able to upgrade! And oh my goodness, I feel so spoiled. My phone actually works! It's been rather ridiculous the last couple of months. So if you notice that I'm commenting more on blogs, it's because my phone is actually letting me now. Yay.

2. Logan took just Landon to the zoo earlier this week, and it was a win-win for the whole family. Landon got some much-needed one-on-one time with his daddy, and I got some quiet time to get work done at home. Landon talks A LOT, and it tends to wear on my little introverted brain...so having just Chase at home for a few hours was a considerable difference in noise level. (Landon is seriously hilarious with some of the stuff he comes up with...but I do need a break from time to time.)


3. What I'm reading

  • Teaching in Your Tiara: A Homeschooling Book for the Rest of Us by Rebecca Frech - totally read this in like 2-3 days and loved it. It's a must-read for anyone considering homeschooling. She's hilarious.
  • Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan - I'm listening to the audiobook, which Jim actually narrates, and it's pretty funny. 

4. The Walking Dead, y'all. It's one of the few shows Logan and I actually watch, and it's so good for so many reasons. I really don't know what else to say about it other than you should watch! If you're okay watching zombies and all, that is. It can be pretty gruesome. (But it's so much deeper than zombies! Seriously!)

5. Marley loves my maternity pillow so she sneaks in our bed and curls up in it (it's a big U-shape) when Logan is working late. Landon ran fever earlier this week, and it kinda makes him crazy....so he woke up at 10pm and decided to chat it up while I was (trying to) read. Then the Tylenol kicked in and he curled up with Marley like this. I thought it was too adorable to be aggravated at them taking up all my space. Logan kicked them out when he got home at midnight, of course.

6. I decided to create a new Instagram account for my Etsy shop (since my other one is private), so I would appreciate it if you click over and become a follower. I haven't announced it anywhere yet, because I literally just created it...so I have exactly zero followers at the moment. No posts either - but that will change soon. 

7. Speaking of the shop, this is what I worked on this week:
Wine charms! The original plan was to make a set of 6, but I realized I bought the wrong pieces when I got home from the store (ugh...pregnancy brain). But! I ordered what I needed and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. So for now, I have a a couple 4-piece sets listed.

Go check out other quick takes at Kelly's! (And totally read her post...it's a good one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...