"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 18, 2016

Backyard plans, feast days, and soccer (7QT)

1. Backyard plans

We're planning to fix up our little backyard since Logan's parents bought the boys a swingset for their (very early) birthday present. Logan needs to level it all out the ground with some dirt first, which he was going to do this morning but of course it's raining. We also want to put up a short fence so I don't have to worry about them running off. I CANNOT WAIT until it's done. Hopefully by the end of next month!

The swingset is probably going in that corner. That's our neighbor's shed and our property ends right before it. And thankfully the people behind us are putting up a fence so we won't have to along the back!

I'm really hoping the "after" pictures will be much more riveting than these "before" ones. It's easier to see the potential in person, though, I promise!


2. In the Shop

I added one new thing this week - the option to pick your own color and cross charm for a rosary bracelet!


3. Liturgical Living

For the first time EVER, I was prepared for 2 feast days this week! St. Patrick and St. Joseph. I'm really trying to be better about this, especially now that Landon is totally old enough to understand. Things don't need to be fancy either (note to self: the kids love to color)! Tomorrow we're planning on going to the St. Joseph's Altar at our church. 


4. Baby update

24 weeks!!! Viability, baby. My progesterone has stayed the same, despite doubling the dose...so that's kind of annoying. Braxton-Hicks contractions have picked up a little. But my cervix is still hanging in there and baby's heartbeat is good! Yay. OH! We went ahead and scheduled a c-section for July 1st! I did go into labor 9 days before Chase's scheduled arrival, though, soooo we will see what happens this time around.


5. What I'm reading

I finished the 3 books I mentioned last week so skip this one unless you want to know what I thought about them!
  • Breaking Busy by Alli Worthington - I really liked this. Many things I've already been doing the past year, but still gained some insight. If you're drowning in life, read it!
  • Unbroken: A WWII Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand - goodness, this makes me so grateful for everything. Louis went through so much! It might be on my top 5 list of books this year (but it's still early, so we'll see!)
  • Pocket Your Dollars: 5 Attitude Changes That Will Help You Pay Down Debt, Avoid Financial Stress, and Keep More of What You Make by Carrie Rocha - while I didn't have any new revelations from reading this, it totally motivated me to get our finances to where I've always wanted them to be!
I also started reading Father Elijah by Michael O'Brien, which I read several years ago. But I want to read it again since he came out with a sequel a few months ago!


6. Landon Gerard (3.75 years)

He started another session of SoccerTots and did SO well. It's so fun seeing how he's gotten better with each session. 1st time he used his hands all the time, 2nd time he was basically the class clown, and this time he was on a mission. No more using his hands! #proudsoccermom

7. Chase Michael (20 months)

He kept darting on the field to play soccer too and was so upset when Logan stopped him. Now we know to sign him up too next time! He was happy when he got to cuddle with his momma instead, at least. I won't have room in my lap for much longer! #dimples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...