"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 4, 2016

Maybe I read too much (7QT)

I feel like this is going to make me a big nerd, but...these quick takes are all books I've read in the past couple of weeks! I promise I've kept up with the laundry and spent time with my kids too. It's just crazy how much I can read when I don't watch TV or get on my computer.

I really enjoyed all of these (still working on a couple), so if you're looking for some recommendations, you've come to the right place.

1. The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful by Myquillyn Smith

This has been on my to-read list for awhile. If you need some motivation to make your house a place you enjoy, or if you're struggling with contentment in your current residence, this is the book for you. I may or may not have gotten Logan to rearrange all kinds of furniture after I finished this...

2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

I don't know how I've never read this series before! I was quite an avid reader when I was younger but I guess I was too obsessed with the Babysitters Club. I'm almost done with this audiobook, and I don't know how else to explain it other than...pleasant? I really do like it. Anne is hilariously dramatic.

3. The Temperament God Gave Your Kids: Motivate, Discipline, and Love Your Children by Art and Laraine Bennett

This has also been on my to-read list for a long time. I find the 4 temperaments so fascinating, especially because Logan and I are opposites (sanguine and melancholic, respectively). And I'm pretty sure Landon is sanguine and choleric, so I need all the help/advice/encouragement I can get! Totally recommend this to parents. I'll be reading this one again.

4. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

This is the book I was not planning on reading and had not heard of before until Ashley picked it for book club. I really enjoyed this! And if you get too hung up on how grumpy Ove is, you're missing the whole point. #justsaying

5. Boys Will Be Joys by David Meurer

I really thought this was going to be a parenting book. But it was more like a memoir about parenting. I guess I can forgive the misunderstanding, because this really was hilarious. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I still liked it.

6. Nobody's Cuter Than You: A Memoir about the Beauty of Friendship by Melanie Shankle

I've read Melanie's other 2 books, and she never fails to make me laugh out loud. I've totally been reminiscing about all my childhood friends while I read this. And I'm so thankful for all of my friends now!

7. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Oh, these were some of my favorites books when I was younger. It's so fun to read them again! This is my March book for my reading challenge with friends - "a book from your childhood."

Go check out the other quick takes at Kelly's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...