I was planning on doing a quick takes post on Friday with one take dedicated to books - but then I realized I've read way too many this month. So here are the books I've finished! I'll save the ones I'm currently reading for Friday's post.
2. The Martian by Andy Weir - gosh, I really liked this one. It has a good bit of curse words, which was annoying, but I still found it highly entertaining. Logan and I watched the movie again after I finished it, and of course they left a lot out (which is why a book will almost always be better than the movie!). But I still liked both!
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah - I'm on a WWII kick this year, it seems. I listened to the audiobook of this, which was really good with the speaker's French accent. The story was depressing, and I'm still mourning the death of one of the characters (but won't say because I HATE SPOILERS), but it was so, so good.
4. Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin - I started off really loving this book. As it went on, I was a bit annoyed by the author's obsessiveness, but I did get something out of the book. And I do recommend it if you're having trouble forming habits...I just feel like a lot of it are things I've realized over the past year or so on my own.
5. Chiara Corbella Petrillo: A Witness to Joy by Simone Troisi and Cristiana Paccini - If you're in doubt that it's possible to be a saint in the 21st century, read this book. Chiara's story touched my heart on so many levels and made me look at suffering in a whole new way.
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - this is probably my least favorite book in the series because Umbridge is THE WORST. But it's still Harry Potter, which is always entertaining. I'm rereading the books and then Logan and I are rewatching the movies together. It's fun!