"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Postpartum life

Welllll I wasn't intending to take a mini-break from the blog, but it's actually been kind of nice - I think it's been years since I've gone longer than a week to post something!
So! I had a baby! And he's super cute. I know I'm biased and all, but all the nurses in the hospital totally agreed. I have to say I'm still having a hard time believing he's actually here and how perfect he is...he eats well, sleeps well, and is pretty chill unless you're changing his diaper. That could change, of course, but for now I'm super grateful.

I'm still dealing with some pain from surgery, but thankfully I've had help for the past 2 weeks (with the exception of like 3 days). So when there's another adult around (Logan or my mom, who's staying here this week), I don't do a whole lot other than read, sleep, and take care of Aaron. It's really nice and I know I'm really blessed!
Not a flattering picture of me (Logan took it on the sly) but this is an accurate description of what Aaron and I have been doing a lot of when there's another adult around...recliners are the best.
Landon was super excited about Aaron from the beginning and loves patting him randomly and saying, "Awww, Aaron!"
Chase took a week or so to warm up, but now he affectionately calls him "Arrow" - which is pretty funny considering Logan and watched the TV show Arrow while I was pregnant and Logan totally joked (well, maybe he was serious...) about using the nickname Arrow for Aaron.

I'm still very much in postpartum mode, hiding out at home as much as possible, which is honestly the first time I've done this and I highly, highly recommend it. I'm still so tired (even though Aaron really does sleep well for the most part), and having some pain, so I couldn't imagine how I would feel if I was running around town. I've really just left the house for doctor appointments so far - and we've had THREE, ugh - and now I totally think house calls should be a thing again. Seriously.
One of the bad things about c-sections - super puffy face! Ugh. Darn fluids. And silly hairnets.

Part of the birth story has already been written and I would probably be done if it hadn't been for all the phone calls and paperwork I had to deal with the past couple of weeks. It kind of takes all my (limited) brain power, ya know? Here are some highlights just to tide you over: being accompanied to Labor and Delivery by 6 friends, Aaron latching on in the OR, going the longest amount of time ever without eating a meal, and almost needing a D&C after the C-section because I wouldn't stop clotting/bleeding. Fun times. (The first day was rough but I'm totally good now!)

We've got a fun/busy weekend ahead, with Chase's 2nd birthday and Aaron's baptism. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...