"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday fun

Today Aaron was baptized! We don't waste any time around here.
My cousin and his wife are Aaron's godparents, pictured here with our awesome priest. :) I love this picture.

Baptism Day also means I have pictures of what I wore! Linking up with Rosie again for My Sunday Best.
My dress: Lularoe, Nicole style
Chase's outfit: Target - pretty sure I got it for like $12 a couple years ago
Landon's shirt and belt: Carter's
(no clue where Logan's stuff is from, if y'all cared, and Landon's pants were hand-me-downs)

Logan's parents on the left, my parents on the right
Landon actually wore the same outfit Chase is wearing for Chase's baptism...so obviously I had to keep the tradition going. And all 3 boys have worn the same outfit when getting baptized! I wish I had gotten a better picture of Aaron in it...
Lighting sucks but here's our little setup that my detail-oriented self just had to do (I have a problem, I really do). But! I totally made the banner several months ago and ordered all the food, including the cake, which is a first for me. (Huge sheet cake from Costco for $19! Hollerrrr)

And in other news, we officially have a 2-year old in the house again.
No cake, no clean bowls...just ice cream in whatever container we could find, complete with 2 candles. Because we're fancy. #postpartumlife

I'm hoping to get back to some real writing soon, but my mom is leaving tomorrow (*sob*) so I may have some adjusting to do first. She's been the absolute best!

One last thing! If you could say a prayer for my grandmother (my dad's mom), I would really, really appreciate it. She's not doing well and likely won't make it to the end of the month.

I don't want to end on a depressing note, so here I will leave you a quote from a book I'm reading by Peter Kreeft, Prayer for Beginners: "Prayer does not exist for its own sake; it exists to transform us into saints."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...