"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, August 19, 2016

All things random (7QT)

1. Louisiana flooding

So much devastation, y'all. New Orleans area is fine so we are fine (praise God), but just an hour away neighborhoods were completely underwater. Please pray for them! The updates in my Facebook feed are so depressing...

2. Taking Back the Terms

Some friends of mine have started educating women everywhere on Naprotechnology, which they say is the "best kept secret of women's healthcare." And I agree! (Future blog post with my personal story??) Check out their Facebook page for videos, especially if you want to know more about Napro. If you're in the New Orleans area, they will come talk to a group!

3. To Etsy...or not to Etsy

Soooo my original plan for after Aaron's birth was to reopen my Etsy shop around now. BUT I'm kind of still in the process of praying about/discerning what God wants me to do with my life at the moment....and right now I'm not feeling the nudge to reopen. Just FYI. I'll keep you posted.

4. Christmas shopping

Here's where I admit that I'm a total nerd that plans wayyy ahead - because I'm definitely shopping for Christmas already. I just hate last-minute stuff and want to be completely done before Advent (at the absolute latest). I've been a frequent flyer at Zelie & Co.'s weekly auctions because I love to support fellow Catholic mamas! (And spacing out purchases from now until Christmas is easier on the budget!)

5. Kiddos

Well, I can't post quick takes without at least one photo of my children, right?? Right.
Landon: "Take a picture of us!" Done.
 He's starting to be smiley but I have yet to capture it on camera. Safe to say he gets his seriousness from me...

6. What I'm reading 

Too many loooong books. Sigh. I need a short book next.

  • Pierced by a Sword by Bud MacFarlane Jr. - I don't know how I've never read this before because it's a Catholic novel (pub. 1995). Sometimes I think it's cheesy, but I like the characters. Plus I seem to be on a kick with books about the End Times.
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - last book of the series! I've said before that I'm rereading them and then watching the movies again with Logan. I'm just over halfway through and I seriously don't remember much from the first time I read it. It's good, of course, like they all are and I'm trying to binge read the rest because J.K. Rowling's new book/play/whatever just became available for me at the library!
  • True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis de Montfort - I started this back in May, I think, and kind of forgot about it for awhile so I'm trying to read a little every day. Kinda failing at that too. But it's good! 

7. Words that spoke to me this week

"We must be careful not to omit our prayers, confession, communion, and other exercises of piety, even when we find no consolation in them." -Saint Vincent Ferrer

Go see Kelly for more quick takers and make sure you read her post! So beautifully written. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...