"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

An unexpected break

Earlier this year, I prayerfully discerned that I should step back from a couple of my volunteer commitments. It was a hard decision for me to make - because I am very much all for serving your church and community - but I knew it needed to be done. So after 5 years of teaching CCD/religion at my church parish and 2 years of chairing a huge silent auction at my fave non-profit, I'm taking a break.

I know without a doubt that I discerned correctly, now that I'm here, when I would be teaching already (with baby in tow) and auction planning (children in tow). Whew.

But ever since Aaron was about 6 weeks old, right after we got back from our annual vacation, I started praying about what the heck I should be doing right now. I feel like I should be doing something. Yes, I'm soaking up these days with all these boys with no commitments. I'm starting to get back into the swing of things since before I was pregnant. I feel like there's so much to do and nothing to do, all at the same time. It's kind of beautiful.

After lots of praying/discerning, though, I felt God nudging me to just take another step back - basically: "Get off the Internet, Jen."

I didn't see that one coming.

I know it's to get rid of all the noise so I can actually hear what He's trying to tell me. So, while it won't be a complete Internet fast, I probably won't be posting here or on social media much, if it all, for a few weeks. Maybe longer. I'll still be checking those places from time to time, but know if it's been a day or two and you haven't heard from me...I'm still here, don't worry. (I always hate when a blogger goes MIA suddenly and start imagining all of the awful things that might have happened. I'm so dumb.)

But I'll be back! I'll be praying for all of you. Please pray for me too :) (especially for a special intention!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...