"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, November 4, 2016

Kiddos, costumes, and Thomas Merton (7QT)

Just jumping right back in here with some quick takes. Thanks to Kelly for hosting!


1. This is SUCH a sweet baby. Aaron Double-Chin Joseph is also our biggest, hanging out at the 75th percentile for weight. He went through this ridiculous phase of not sleeping and screaming at me all of the time, but it has gotten better (probably because I switched to decaf coffee, wahhhh)....although sometimes he still won't sleep unless I'm holding him or nursing him. Buuuuut he's adorable so there's that.

2. Chase is still going through the ridiculous 2-year old phase of screaming at me (do you sense a theme here?), but he has started to say sorry afterwards AND give me a hug so I guess I can't be too mad. Chase Eats-a-lot Michael is literally a bottomless pit and a sneaky stealer of cookies. He's also realllllly into Aaron these days, constantly petting him or giving him hugs and kisses. They're going to grow up being good buddies, I just know it!

3. Landon started preschool away from home! Last year I just really wasn't ready to send him but this year I TOTALLY was. And while it's certainly been an adjustment getting out of the house 5 days a week, my little sanguine/choleric (AKA major extrovert) is absolutely loving it.

4. We've never really done Halloween (but it's okay if you do! No judgment here), but Logan's parents treated us (see what I did there?) to this event at our zoo a few weeks ago. So we dressed up and Logan did his creative thing with our wagon and it was fun. (Logan was Hook, I was Izzy and nope, not showing you a picture, sorry. I hate dressing up!) Cubby is Chase's twin, by the way. Ha.

And then our church had a fun family day (kind of an early All Saints Day thing) and we threw together these St. Gerard costumes at the very last minute! Mainly because Logan's schedule was a little ridiculous leading up to it and 3 kids are kicking my butt right now. #keepingitreal
Plus there was a trunk or treat (no scary stuff though! just how I like it) and Logan yet again did his thing on our van which took him a whopping' 10-20 minutes the day before using things we already had - i.e. Christmas decorations. (Aaron is just snoozing away otherwise I would have turned him around.)

 Just goes to show you don't have to be super fancy and spend a lot of money!

5. We also hit up the pumpkin patch for our annual trip and Aaron was having quite the fussy day but it was still fun. We went in the afternoon since Landon has school in the morning, and it was not crowded at all and the weather was perfect. Perfect, I tell you.
Self timer, yo. Aaron is always sleeping in our family pictures! (But let me assure you that he has become a cat-napper just like Landon was. Sigh.)

6. I have to say that the thing I missed most during my break of most things Internet was this here blog. And I really mean that. But man, I also realized how much time I spent blogging before! So while I'm definitely not giving it up, I probably will be posting less for the most part. I don't know why I had it in my head that I needed to post a couple times every single week! I really do appreciate all of you reading. :)

7. I'm still reading a ridiculous amount of books (future post probably!) and I finally read one by Thomas Merton. I will end with a quote I loved from his book The Seven Storey Mountain:
When the Spirit of God finds a soul in which He can work, He uses that soul for any number of purposes: opens out before its eyes a hundred new directions, multiplying its works and its opportunities for the apostolate almost beyond belief and certainly far beyond the ordinary strength of a human being.” -Thomas Merton
I could probably write 5 more takes which is crazy but I guess it's good to be cut off at 7. Don't forget to check out everyone else's posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...