"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 21, 2016

What I'm loving (and not)

Love: all the things Landon is learning at preschool! He can write his name and is always asking how to spell other people's names so he can write those too. And now he will spend hours coloring and doing artsy things.

Don't love: thinking about what we're doing next year for kindergarten. Public school, private school, homeschool? I DON'T KNOW. SOMEONE DECIDE FOR ME. Just kidding. Just pray we make the right decision please. :)


Love: our Christmas cards! I was totally feeling proud of myself for having them done before Advent started. Logan keeps getting mad at me for showing people before we actually mail them out, but like I said...totally proud over here. Toot toot.

Don't love: how our printer is not working so I cannot print address labels for said Christmas cards. I have computer files with address labels both for birthday party invitations and Christmas cards which makes mailing things out SUPER EASY (and possible me super nerdy). But I can't put easy peasy labels on envelopes when MY PRINTER WON'T WORK. It's okay, though. I'll manage. First world problems and all.
UPDATE: I was about to publish this post when Logan informed me the printer is now working! Yay! Cards coming to a mailbox near you. (I'll wait until Advent though, promise.)


Love: how I'm finally having a pleasant breastfeeding experience. I still can't believe it sometimes actually. In a way, I'm thankful for the last 2 times not going so well because I can appreciate this time around soooo much more. Funny how that works.

Don't love: that I realized me eating dairy makes Aaron not a happy baby. I can manage without milk (except that that also includes ice cream, wahhh), but cheese? Sigh. You don't realize how much you eat something until you can't have it.


Love: this goofy kid and his dimples.

Don't love: how he throws EVERYTHING on the ground, makes such a mess every time he eats (no matter what it is), and that I feel like I won't ever catch up on housework because he is a destroyer of all things. Two year olds are fun.


Love: how Logan surprised me with a bath tub of piping hot water (seriously, there was steam!) and a glass of wine after I had the worst weekend with the kids while he was at work.

Don't love: how said bath lasted less than 10 minutes because a certain baby would not stop screaming for his momma. A million brownie points for effort, babe.


And I will end with one last love, on a positive note: Colleen C. Mitchell's book, Who Does He Say You Are? Every woman should read this. For reals. It will be one I read over and over, I'm sure. I've highlighted a bunch (via Kindle) and here's one...
"If we will set our hearts on the discipline of prayer and give up the things that keep us from living wholly dependent on him, we will see God in action, recognize him at work, and have the courage to go out and proclaim his presence with great rejoicing."

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...