"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 in Pictures

Man, why did I stop doing these? It was so fun to look back and remember everything that happened. I tried to just pick one picture per month but of course some months had SO MANY THINGS happen and there was no way to just pick one. So, briefest of brief recaps accompany each month's picture(s). (Okay, now I'm realizing why I stopped doing them...THEY TAKE FOREVER. Just found unfinished posts from 2014 and 2015 in the deep abyss of my drafts folder. Hahaaaaa.)

January

I was pregnant, helped host Lauren's baby shower, and I just couldn't get healthy (morning sickness, cold, pink eye...fun times).
I think I was around 14 weeks in this picture, getting the cerclage placed. And I really would be totally okay if I never had to do that again.

February

I opened an Etsy shop (which is still on vacation LOL #thirdbaby), Logan's godson was baptized, Mardi Gras, our gender reveal, just to name a few.
 We found out we were having another BOY!
I mean, this one was too cute not to include. Right?

March

Logan and I went on our second marriage retreat! I highly recommend it.
We decided our baby in utero would be called Aaron Joseph, so obviously we had to celebrate on St. Joseph's feast day.
Easter!

April

We took professional pictures for the first time in almost 3 years and had fun at the Woman's New Life Center's annual 5k fundraiser.




Our team raised the most money!

May

Landon finished another session of SoccerTots, Chase had eye surgery, and Logan turned 30!

(We just had his follow-up in November and all looks good so far so hopefully he won't need another surgery!)


June

This was one of our biggest months! Landon turned 4, we went on our mini vaca, Landon and Chase had a joint birthday party, and Aaron was born!
 I was 35 weeks pregnant, hiding under an umbrella and drinking lemonade.
Cowabunga dudes!
Why does this feel like forever ago??

July

This was another big month. Chase turned 2 years old, Aaron was baptized, my grandmother (MoMo) passed away, our godson was baptized, Lauren and her family visited, and I turned 30! Plus there was the whole adjusting-as-a-family-of-5 thing.

 This might be one of my favorite pictures of all time. Welcome to the Church, Aaron!
Rest in peace, MoMo!

And this is where I stop recapping everything because daaaaang this is taking too long.

August


September


Landon started preschool!

October

Boo at the Zoo
Annual pumpkin patch visit
All Saints celebration/Trunk or treat at church

November


Our Christmas card picture session via self-timer (#budget)

December


Whew, major fist bump if you made it this far. Happy New Year's Eve!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...