"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, January 27, 2017

Bullet journal, goal update, and a month for your marriage (7QT)

Linking up with Kelly for 7 Quick Takes!

1. RIP comments

Sooo somehow my commenting system disappeared and when I finally got it back, all of the comments stopped showing up on each post! Ugh. I've spent entirely too much time trying to fix it to no avail. I know God is probably teaching me a lesson in humility, but it just kills me to have lost all of your lovely comments on previous posts. (The comments still exist if you click over to Disqus, but who the heck is going to do that??)


2. Goal Update

It's been almost a month since I've been doing my goals for the new year, so how about a little update on how it's going? For the most part, things are going well...

I have to admit I'm struggling the most with my Bible reading challenge. It's basically reading 4-5 chapters a day, and I'm currently in the Old Testament which tends to drone on and on about cubits and animal sacrifices and things that make me go "Say what?" soooo 4-5 chapters a day is A LOT. But I skipped one day and wanted to gouge my eyes out trying to catch up the next day. What I'm learning: read as early in the day as possible because it's not going to happen if I wait until 9pm. That could be applied to any goal actually! I know it's one reason I've been able to keep a daily Rosary - the latest I normally pray is nap time!


3. Bullet Journaling

I'm totally late to this game, but I got my first bullet journal this week. At first I was scared to write in it and mess it up, but now I am totally loving it! It's the perfect brain dump, which I definitely need right now. I can't say it will completely replace my planner, but it has helped keep me accountable in getting things done on a daily basis. Ashley shared about what's working for her on the same day I got my journal in the mail, so I'm going to go ahead and take that as a sign that bullet journaling was made for me. (I'm 99% certain I will be blogging about this again in the future because I LOVE JOURNALS.)

And seriously, how cute is this one from Annunciation Designs?? It's already got built-in pages for an index, a key, and monthly set-ups, which is really nice, especially since this is my first bullet journal. And there is a saint quote on each page! Plus a list of Catholic feast days.


4. A month for your marriage

Check back here next week (Wednesday) for the start to a monthly marriage challenge I'm hosting! I'm even attempting a link-up. Logan and I have had our struggles and have learned that marriage goes much smoother when you actually put effort into it. We know so many friends who struggle in their marriages too so I'm hoping this will motivate everyone to do a little extra for their spouse. It's nothing hard, I promise - and I really hope you'll join me! (I had this idea in December and Logan has been very excited for me to actually do it.)
Look! I even made a fancy graphic!


5. Aaron Joseph (7 months)

He has officially entered the babbling phase and loves saying "da da". He loves rolling across the floor and hates sitting up, which slightly boggles my mind. Some days he is all about the solid food and other days he just wants momma's milk. Overall, he is such a joy (if we look past his terrible sleeping habits). I mean, seriously, he's so cute.


6. Chase Michael (2.5)

This dude started talking in complete sentences out of nowhere a few weeks ago. It's pretty adorable - especially when he and Landon are carrying on a conversation together. Chase is still very much in the 2-year old craziness, but his cuteness makes up for it. Usually.


7. Landon Gerard (4.5)

Somebody is SO excited about going to kindergarten next year and asks about it all.the.time. He's doing really well in preschool and is becoming quite the little helper at home, always willing to (try, at least) make Aaron happy when I'm in the middle of something. I think Chase has been driving him crazy lately so it's nice that he really loves Aaron.

Well, there's an update. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...