"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 3, 2017

Life with boys, Lent, and more teething

1. Mardi Gras

We celebrated hard with lots of king cake and just one parade over the weekend. I'm always glad we do the parade thing after the fact, but they just really aren't my thing. Logan worked on Tuesday (most people have off work here in New Orleans), which was a bummer, but the boys and I spent a lot of time outside because the weather has been SO PERFECT.

2. A month for your marriage

There's still time to link-up with this week's post! Clearly I'm not a professional blogger because posting on the same day every week was so hard for some reason. Every time I tried to blog something other than the marriage stuff, I felt totally paralyzed. So weird. But now I'm back to my randomness and all feels right in the world.

3. LENT

It always seems to come at just the perfect time, doesn't it? I know I certainly needed the kick in the pants. But of course now, on the 3rd day, I'm like I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. Just a little dramatic, I know.

4. Social media

I'm staying off Instagram for allll of Lent and I'll be mostly off Facebook. FYI. But I'll still be here! Blogging away! I just can't quit you, dear blogspot.

5. Crochet

Hannah and I doing a crochet-a-long this month, which is nice since it's been so long since I've crocheted. I'm glad I'm getting back to it but...baby boy (aka teething monster) is making it really difficult. Hannah is probably going to finish 10 granny squares before I finish one! (Sorry girl! I'm trying!)

[this is where I refrain from inserting a picture of my horribly half-finished granny square]

6. Teething tips

Aaron must be getting more teeth because he's back to the whole don't-put-me-down-ever nonsense and I'm trying not to lose my mind. Any tips?? I will take them! (As I type this post one-handed because...teething monster.) I tried carrying him on my back yesterday and he pretty much lost his mind. I did carry him in a front carrier but today I woke up with a pulled back muscle so there will be no baby-wearing today. Sigh.

But he's cute, at least. I know I say that every time, but it's true! (And um, how adorable is he in the sleeveless shirt? It got up to 80 degrees earlier this week!)

7. Life with boys

Boys are so exhausting when they're little but I have to admit that I love it. The older boys have been pretending their ninja turtles are babies, which kind of makes Logan crazy, but I think it's adorable.
He put the diaper on himself!
 I had a good-mom moment last week when I got to Landon's school early for pickup and realized it was the perfect time to cuddle with my middle child AKA mini-me. He's so cute. Totally destructive...but cute. (I can't help it, I think all my kids are cute!!)

 Linking up with Kelly. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...