"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 5, 2017

What I'm loving lately

Hannah's post reminded me that I've been wanting to do one of these posts! It's a quick list of 7 so I'm linking up with Kelly for 7QT!

Crochet dish cloths. In case you didn't know, they're so much better than regular towel ones!! I found one that I crocheted a couple years ago and never used, and it quickly became my favorite dish cloth to wipe down the counters. So much so that I crocheted another one! (I realize this may sound so nerdy. Oh wells.)

Designated Survivor. Um, this show is so good. I've kind of gotten away from binge-watching shows over the last couple of years, but this one tempts me every time I watch an episode! Keifer Sutherland is da bomb.

Coloring. Why yes, I mean adult coloring. Sometimes if the kids are being too crazy for me to be able to focus on reading or something, I plop myself down and color. So relaxing, I swear. Try it! (Above sheet is from Bible Verse Coloring Through the Year, which came in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle.) I've colored some Rescue Bots too which made the boys SO excited. "Good job, Momma!"

Outside time. The weather has been SO PERFECT. The back of our house is extremely shaded, which makes it even better. and our neighbor put up a fence so we have more privacy. Once Logan finally puts up a fence around the rest of our yard, it will be so magical. I cannot wait.


Stretchy shorts. I got a pair of these casual drawstring shorts (in the throwback pic above from August) at Old Navy when I was pregnant with Aaron in preparation for that fun postpartum time when nothing fits. I quickly regretted not buying another pair or two in different colors, and when I went back they were GONE. Sigh. But a few months later I had the genius idea to look on ThredUp! And they had some! So I bought two. I will be living in all three pairs this summer, thankyouverymuch.

The library. We go through phases where we're hitting up the library often, and now is one of them! Some of the books have been great, some not so much, but we've really been taking advantage of checking out new movies. Gotta love freeee.

Helpful big boys. Landon is turning 5 next month and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! He's been making his own PB&J lately, as well as feeding the dog and occupying Aaron when I need a few minutes to do something. He even started cleaning the table this week! Chase tries to do everything Landon does, which is cute but also annoying because sometimes he just makes things worse. But they're learning to be helpful! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...