"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Edel, charisms, social media, and Goodwill has cute clothes

Well, August always seems to be the hardest month to make blogging happen for some reason. I don't understand. Now for some quick thoughts about a bunch of seemingly unrelated (or are they??) things.

Edel

I went with my sister-in-law, my roommate from college, and another close friend. So that in itself was already fun! The Edel Gathering didn't start until Friday night, but we drove in (8 hours!) on Thursday and played tourist during the day Friday. It was realllllly nice just driving around and deciding to do whatever we wanted at a moment's notice (like a pedicure! Because we didn't have kids with us!). It was the first time I left Aaron, as well as the longest I've been away from Landon and Chase, and while I certainly missed them, the weekend away did me so.much.good.

I met so many awesome ladies (including a couple fellow Louisianans who hung out with us all weekend!^^) and had so much fun. I have so many thoughts about the talks given at Edel - which were amazing - but I'm still processing much of it so no telling if those thoughts will ever make it onto this here blog. All in all, Edel was fun and I really hope they end up going on a tour with a stop in good ol' New Orleans.

Charisms

Okay, so maybe I will mention one of the talks from Edel. It was about charisms (AKA spiritual gifts) and how to determine which ones you have - because everyone has some! I thought this was perfect timing for me as I've been discerning what endeavors to pursue right now and now I've been factoring in my charisms into my discernment. I may have gotten a little obsessed with the idea because I took 2 tests and was kind of surprised to get similar results. In case you're interested, here's one from a Catholic church and here's another one. They're both kind of long, FYI, but I found the results pretty interesting.

Social Media

I've been debating a break from social media and other Internet-related things. No big reasons, just a bunch of smaller ones, but don't worry - all is well. I might be deactivating Instagram and Facebook so don't freak out if you can't find me for a bit, okay? Okay.

Goodwill Date

Logan and I did something else clothing-related and slightly ridiculous. (He keeps seeing FB posts about things and insisting we do them too. It's kinda cute.) Along with another couple, we went on a date to Goodwill to pick out each other's clothes for less than $10 each. And then we went to dinner in those clothes.
 Before
 During....option 1. I felt like Jackie Kennedy.
 Option 2
 They barely had anything in Logan's size, so green shorts from Abercrombie & Fitch ($3!) was the winner. Plus a random shirt. I think this picture is hilarious for some reason.
Logan pleasantly surprised me by picking this cute dress ($6!!) that I would totally wear again. It's a bit shorter than what I'm used to but is flattering and has pockets! I was kind of nervous about the whole thing, since I was totally expecting Logan to pick something obnoxious with ruffles and maybe a tiara....but it was fun. Plus I am totally that person who washes EVERYTHING before I wear it, so the fact that I played along and wore this without washing first really proves that I love Logan. 😜 Oh, and we only spent $14.24 total! Not bad considering we plan to wear everything again except Logan's shirt.

To blog or not to blog

I've been thinking about this blog a lot lately and always thought I'd be blogging until I was old and gray. It's hard to explain but I've been thinking about the direction of this blog, possibly stopping or limiting my posts (or just taking an extended break), or maybe even starting something completely new. I don't know. I'm hoping to get some clarity by a much stricter Internet break than I did last year. Say a prayer for me please and I will pray for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...