Heeeeeey there. It's been a pretty good week around here (after so many bad weeks!!) so I'm feeling in the mood for some quick takes. Joining Kelly and the gang!
1. Amazon musicYOU GUYS, WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE?? And if you do not know about it, you're welcome. If you're a Prime member, you can create playlists and listen to a bunch of music FOR FREE. There are a select few songs that are not included, which is how they entice you to pay for Amazon Unlimited. I've been tempted. But so far the free stuff has served our dance parties well. .(There's an app, which I have on both my phone and our Kindle fire. And then I hook up device to a bluetooth speaker.)
2. No Costco experimentWe didn't renew our Costco membership in November, even though we REALLY love Costco. It's kind of an experiment to see if we save money on groceries, because it's really hard to spend under $100 every time we go. So far, I'm honestly not sure if we've saved money - except for gas money, because Costco is further from us than every other grocery store. Lots of things are cheaper at Costco but we totally blow through snacks from there quicker (because we have so many! just eat away, kids!) and are more likely to waste food if we get produce. So, I don't know. Lots of factors to consider.
3. Reading journal DIYI bought this journal last year to keep track of all the books I read, and I really loved it....but it didn't even last a year. So now I'm using Modern Mrs. Darcy's printable reading journal in this cute little binder. (It's free if you subscribe to her emails.) It should last me for several years now! And this is how I keep notes for my Recent Reads posts, in case you were wondering.
4. A month for your marriageRemember last February when I hosted A Month for Your Marriage? Well, I'm doing it again! The first post/challenge went live yesterday over at Surprised by Marriage. I'd love for you to follow along!
5. Family of fiveI said that one of our goals this year is to enjoy our family of five, and we are totally doing that, despite life tempting us otherwise. This is the first time we've had a 20-month old while not also 5-months pregnant, and I have to admit it's nice. I can run around with the boys! We've been spending so much time outside too. Our last trip to the zoo was so much fun!
6. LentHow's everybody's Lent going? Ours started off pretty dang rough, but it has calmed down a bit, thankfully. The boys have been loving the Jesus tree for the 2nd year in a row, and Logan and I have been doing this awesome marriage devotional. Highly recommend.
7. Lent and marriageSpeaking of Lent, Logan and I made a funny (we think, anyways) video. Here it is! (You might need to click through to the actual post to see it.)
Have a great weekend!